Saturday, November 27, 2004

JCPenney

I would just like to have something out here that says JCPENNEY's is the most ridiculous store ever. They have nothing in the store but clothes, so people have to buy you gift cards when you register there. Then, when you try to use the gift cards, they say you cannot do it on line or by phone with a catalog, you have to order in the store! Why have the website address on the stupid cards if you can't use them on there?? The customer service supervisor at the catalog phone number said to stick it up my ass!!!! How is a company like this in business for that long? I mean I am sorry that at 3AM she is stuck at a crappy job, but come on it is not my fault that she could not afford to go to college and is now stuck working at a call center overnight to feed her 7 out of wedlock kids from her hooker days. OK, I really don't know anything about the woman, but she infuriated me, and yes it is necessary to say mean things about her. It was obvious I was frustrated, I spent like two hours on the website, then called and was hung up on, then had to deal with an imbecile who thought that by using the word “damn” I was cursing at her, so of course I was a little testy, and needless to say her soothing words did not help the matter. Ahhh it is good to vent where hundreds of people can share my misery... Though probably only two will read this.

So, a word to the wise, rather it is a wedding, a baby, or whatever else you register for, don't do it at JCPENNEY's!!!!

5 comments:

Obsconder said...

yes, JCPenny's sucks, we should convert the space they take up to something more useful. Or just burn'em all down entirely!

ShellBug526 said...

What a perfectly wonderful idea!!!

deahsella said...

Yeah, and gift cards are the most ridiculous gift ever. Why don't people just give you the cash, that's what I don't understand?! It's like they feel like it's more of a "gift" if they give you a little card! Bah!

Anonymous said...

First of all, I don't know how old the very first comment was, but I work for JCPenney and you can use the giftcard to make purchases online or out of the catalog. There isn't just clothes in the store either. They sell shoes, fashion and fine jewelry, fragrances, purses/wallets, furniture, small appliances and etc. Basically JCPenney has everything that SEARS has besides electronics and large appliances. I do agree that the lady you talked to should of NOT talked to you that way. I hope you remembered her name and reported her. I would of ripped her a new A$$ hole over the phone myself :o) I have to bite my tongue at work with rude customers, but over a phone? They better hold me back! hahaha. I really hope you have better customer service in the future.

Anonymous said...

Hmm...I see that the first comment was posted in Nov 2004. I was working in JCPenney in May that year. I don't know who told you that you can't make purchases with your giftcard online or in the catalog because that was a damn lie! You can use the giftcards online, in the store or ordering in the catalog at home OR in the store. Now they are allowing you to cash them out if they are $5 or under. A manager has to do that though because associates don't have that privledge.