Tuesday, January 25, 2005

What is proper public restroom etiquette?

Scenario: I am in the bathroom at work, washing my hands. Because the manager is all about socializing with the reps, I feel obligated to say hi, how are ya to everyone. So I do this today and the woman starts rambling, walks into the stall and is still rambling and I am out there with my hands washed and dry, and ready to leave, cause I don't really like her or really care how she is doing.

My question to you is how long do I have to stand there while she sits on the toilet and talks? Is it OK just to leave while she's talking? Do I really have to wait for the windbag to stop yapping. I mean do I really have to talk to her at all while she is going?? GROSS!

Do people just not get that the "how are you part" is rhetoric? I mean I know if in passing someone says "hey, how are ya" that they don't really care. Unless they stop and make eye contact, THEY DON'T CARE. Especially in a bathroom!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Be strong! Walk out right away. Don't smile or give any sign of pleasantness. In fact, I suggest next time you walk out and grab the nearest chair and wedge it under the door handle... this way you're gauranteed a quiet afternoon with the "bitch" locked away.

Obsconder said...

i agree with the above comment

you can do no wrong, if they want to talk to you whilst they do their business, then they're the creepy ones.

This reminds me of a time I was talking to one of my supervisors. I asked him a question and he's says "walk with me" (as higher up types often do) and he walks and talk to me answering my question and making a suggestion about how to handle a situation. As he's talking I realize that his destination is the bathroom. I figure he's gonna cut it short or end the convo before proceeding in. Nope, he just opens the door and walks right in, talking to me the whole time, walks over to a urinal, unzips and starts pissing while his head is turned looking at me carrying our conversation the whole time. There he is, standing in front of my with his junk in his hands pissing, holding a conversation! Luckily I made sure I stood on an angle to him that would ensure I didn't catch a glimpse of anything, but good god! I tried to keep a straight face and not blush and needless to say headed quickly out the door the moment he stopped talking to me. That's gotta be one of the weirdest things that ever happened to me at work.

deahsella said...

Eeew. Now THAT'S just creepy.

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! Ignition gmc vortec Cpu 4ghz Business insurance nj iv cisco pix515e static http://www.quit-smoking-help-2.info/Retrodisneybowlingshirts.html Side affects to vicodin had wet my pants Rhinoplasty diaries journals Ghetto booty black girls getting cream pies Chroma camcorders History of kia http://www.uninstallpopupblocker.info/popupblocker.html Jansport air cisco messenger bag New hampshire laser tatoo removal Intermational school for culinary and hotel http://www.developing-affiliate-programs.info/orlando-cosmetic-surgery.html http://www.phendimetrazine-work.info/canadian-xenical-free-consultation.html Ultracet pain pill by mcneal Blackberry pcs ringtones