Monday, October 17, 2005

Toronto

Our trip to Toronto was a blast! We got there late Friday, had dinner and then went window shopping/people watching on Queens Ave. Saturday we went to the CN tower. It was pretty impressive. Then we went on a tour of Steam Whistle Brewery. The beer was just bad. It tasted like skunked Rolling Rock. Chris had no problem sucking a few of

the free ones down though. THEN, on Saturday night, my husband took me to see
Amos Lee. If you have never heard of him you should definitely check him out. I would guess he gets compared to Ben Harper a lot, but he blows Ben Harper away. There is also an underground shopping mall. It was the coolest thing EVER! Instead of taking the subway, you can walk PATH the underground walkway to the next shopping mall and there are little stores all the way. The one mall was 6 stories!!! I could have spent several years wandering around this mall. We definitely want to go back and we will need at least a week to spend there, there is just WAY to much to see in two days. Everybody there was so friendly and nice!! It was amazing. Even the cops were nice. When we were leaving town, there was a marathon in downtown Toronto. Unfortunately, our road was blocked, we drove for blocks and blocks trying to get out, when we couldn't find a way, we stopped and asked a cop. He said we would probably never find the way and told us to pull the car right up to where the road was blocked and then he let us cross in front of the marathon runners.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! Even bad beer is better than no beer.

Unknown said...

Glad you had a good time. Toronto Rocks! I love going there for a day trip and shopping in all the funky stores.

Josh said...

I was in Toronto about 6 years ago and I was in that mall you are talking about! It was awesome! I really didn't get to check out much else but I still enjoyed my time there.