Friday, April 29, 2011

Yikes

I have not posted a thing for a year. It is a little sad. In that time, we had a baby and bought a house. That is a good excuse... right? I am going to give a full update just because I like to come read about it every once in awhile. I just read about our wedding preparations. Ahh the memories.
Soph is a bonified diva. She will only wear dresses and insists on choosing her own clothes. She chooses clothes that make her look like a cross between a redneck and Cyndi Lauper. She just started T-Ball and is still dancing, though not well. I fear becoming graceful is just not in the cards for her. Her legs are covered in bruises. She can fall while standing still. It is pretty impressive.
Jack was born on 2/1/11. He was 6lbs 9 oz and 20 1/2 inches. When we left the hospital he was 6lbs 2 oz. At his 2 month check up he was 12lbs 6 oz and 24 in. He is definitely one of us! He smiles and giggles and is sleeping about 7 hours a night. He is a very pleasant baby.

Chris has not yet been affected by the education cuts, but we are a little worried about next year. I made him quit playing for a few months because of the craziness of a new baby. He started playing again last week. Our house is awesome. It is four bedrooms, 3 baths, fenced in yard, deck off the master bedroom and a small back deck downstairs. We really need to buy furniture to fill it up. Our old house would have literally fit in the front three rooms. The picture does not do it justice. The many windows keep Simon busy.

I am still working in the ER. It is only part time and second shift hours are hard to come by. I like it... occasionally. The stories I could tell from there. They make Gumby seem much less entertaining! But alas, HIPAA says no no no. I am casually looking for a new part time 2nd shift job. It would be nice to not have to work every weekend.

0 comments: