Sunday, September 30, 2012

What a week!

My free time is now completely gone!  I am not sure how long I will be able to keep it up at the ER.  I love it there, and I really don't want to quit, but man, working all day and then going there is tough!  

Mornings are still really rough.  I thought by the end of the second week we would be pretty skilled at it and have a nice routine worked out!  HA!  Friday was the worst!  I was getting coats ready and Chris was combing Soph's hair, and we heard Jack start cracking up.  I turned around to see the bathroom door had been left open, and Jack was standing in the toilet splashing like he was in a mud puddle.  Of course, it is 3 minutes before we need to be out the door, and his feet and pants are soaked, so he had to be changed and we had to dig out another pair of shoes, which are never where they should be.  Because it is a new job and I cannot be late, Chris told me to leave and he would handle it.  Even though I knew it was a bad idea, I rushed out the door.  I picked the kids up after a pretty sucktacular day at work and found Jack with two left shoes on.  UGH.  Talk about a proud mama moment. 

There is a maddening amount of construction outside of the training.  On Wednesday there was literally 2+ hours of jack hammering.  I really wanted to drop my monitor out the 3rd floor window onto their heads!  Holy freaking annoying!

Jackie got sick after the first week of day care of course.  He had a fever of 103 (hard not to sing Hot Blooded every time I mention the fever).  Monday he had to stay home with gramm for the day and Chris took Tuesday off to give him another day home.  He seems much better and thankfully (knock on wood) nobody else got it.  He is getting better at drop offs I think.  Instead of crying, his lip quivers and he gives an icy stare.  Not sure if that's better or worse.

I signed my first permission slip for Miss Sophie.  She is going on a field trip to the Community Arts Center next month.  She is very excited and I am very sad I cannot be a chaperone!  Hopefully by the next time I will have some vacation time.  They spent last week learning about Johnny Appleseed.  They took apple treats in.  Soph chose Apple cider bread and apple butter for on it.

OH, and onto the sheer crappy-ness of yesterday, I updated my phone and lost all my stinking pictures.  I made sure to back it up before starting the download, but when I went to restore from back up it said the last back up failed.  Of course, we went to the fair before I did this so I lost all of the fair pictures.  DAMN THE iPHONE!  I hate it.  I cannot wait to get the upgrade, I am doing a Galaxy I think.  I am just not happy with the iPhone and I haven't been since I got it and yesterday was the final straw.

Visiting Grammy and Pappy today, Dexter tonight if I can stay awake, and back to the grind tomorrow! And with that, I am off!

0 comments: