Monday, January 31, 2005

Musical me

1. Song that sounds like happy feels:
"Here comes the sun" - Beatles
"Happy Phantom" - Tori Amos
"You're the one that I want" - from Grease

2. Earliest memory:
Loop de Loop - I remember being very small and my grandmother singing it to me

3. Last CD you bought:
Ryan Adam - Heartbreaker

4. Reminds you of school:

Elementary School
"Nobody's Fool" - Cinderella My brother made me the "Night Songs" tape, it quickly became my favorite.
"Private Eyes" - Hall and Oats - My dad had the tape, I listened to it all the time
"Thirller" - Michael Jackson - I am proud to admit I had a purple purse with Michael's smiling (normal) face on it. 1st grade rocked.
"Main Street" - Bob Seeger - My brother told me my parents found me on Main Street, all he had to do was start humming it and I would cry hysterically. If it came on the radio, I blamed my parents or brother or whoever was with me.

High School
"Forever" - Kiss - I had my first dance. With Bryan... Ahh the memories.
"Humpty Dance" - Digital Underground - Need I comment on this?
"D'yer Maker" - Zep - I started to realize what music was all about...
There are so many more I want to put on here... All the hair bands, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Violent Femmes, Tori Amos, Indigo Girls, and so many more.

College
Beatles
Janis Joplin
Jayhawks

5. Total music files on your PC:
many

6. For listening to repeatedly when depressed:
Reo Speedwagons greatest hits... Gay, I know, but I love it anyhow.

7. Sounds british, but isn't:
Umm, yeah, no clue.

8. Tune you love, band you hate:
"Oops I did it again" - Brittany Spears

9. A favorite from the past that took ages to track down:
I spent forever trying to find "Life in a Northern Town" - Dream Academy.
Not because it is hard to find, but I could only remember the "hey run run

10. Bought the album for one good song:
Stryper - "Honestly" - For whatever reason, I thought about that song,
then felt the need to buy it on Amazon. At the same time, I bought
Steelheart for "I'll never let you go". Both songs equally bad, but worth
it for those two songs.

jku's addition to this quiz is:
11. Worst Song to Get Stuck in your Head:
"What'snew Pussycat?" - Tom Jones

4 comments:

deahsella said...

Great. Pussycat is in my head now. Thanks alot. ;-)

and REO...how could I forget about them? But I'd say they're more of a "make me happy" genre...

Maggie Moo said...

What's New Pussycat? is in my head every freaking day. I know your pain.

Anonymous said...

This is an excellent blog. Keep it going.You are providing
a great resource on the Internet here!
If you have a moment, please take a look at my animal genetics vacancies site.
Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! » » »