Sunday, April 03, 2005

Susquehanna

Once again, there is flooding in Central PA. The last time this happened was September. Last time Chris and I were in Philadelphia for a wedding. My mom called before we were even out of bed. When I called her back, she said my brother and Uncle were there helping her and dad move their shit out of the house. We said OK, we will go to the wedding and come home. So we cancelled our room reservations for that night and went to the wedding. When it was time to go, Chris went to say good bye and I called home. My dad said well, this road, this road, this road, and this road are all closed so you might as well stay, cause you will never get here. It was about noon at this time. I was nervous and worried so I started drinking. I continued drinking until about midnight, which is when I started heaving on a table at the bar. Bad, bad time. This time, my parents are in Tarpon Springs, Florida on vacation. So we are here worrying about moving their stuff upstairs. To ease my worries, we went to the bar. I got drunk (SURPRISE). When we got home, we tuned in to the weather channel which said the river would crest right around where it did in September. My parents house did not get hit last time. The river was literally in their backyard, but the house was dry. When the newsman said it would crest there, we got nervous so we made a 4, no wait, 5 AM (Daylight savings starts tonight) trip to their house. We moved the pictures and their safe/filing cabinet upstairs. Now we are back home and I am worried that we didn't move more upstairs. Mother Nature is just MEAN!

5 comments:

deahsella said...

Ah, yes, the Hurrican Ivan wedding. We DID drink that night, didn't we?! ;-)

ShellBug526 said...

I think it was mostly you.... Ahahaha! Just kidding.

deahsella said...

Yes, there was some binging.
Followed by some purging.

:-)

Obsconder said...

so how did they make out with flooding? was everything ok?

ShellBug526 said...

Yes, for some reason, most of the surrounding areas got it worse than they did in September, but the big town of Jersey Shore was completely spared. Thank goodness!