Tuesday, May 24, 2005

ADA Approved


Did they stop putting the ADA approval on toothpastes? I remember in grade school when the Hygienist came to talk to us about brushing our teeth and such that we should always buy toothpaste that is ADA approved. For the next ten years, I insisted that my mom always buy toothpaste that had the approval. I was looking at the two different kinds of Colgate Whitening toothpaste we have and neither of them have the stamp of approval.... This makes me nervous. Are my teeth going to start falling out? Have I become so obsessed with whitening that I no longer care if my teeth fall out as long as they are white? I really don't want to change toothpastes, the whitening is working, my teeth are almost glowing. Could this degree of whiteness not be healthy? I have always thought of myself as very tooth conscious, I notice teeth before I notice if the person I am talking to has arms. I am sooo confused, if my teeth are not white, will people think I don't brush? Should I wear a sign that says, "I brush at least three times a day, but there are no ADA approved whitening toothpastes. So someday in the near future, my teeth will not be glowing white, but at least I will still have teeth and you will only have pictures of your once white teeth." I am traumatized by this realization, what made me read the toothpaste. Why couldn't I just put it on the toothbrush and not pay attention like normal? I will go to the store tomorrow and see if there are whitening toothpastes with the approval and hopefully be able to breathe easy again.

2 comments:

Leslie Welch said...

It's all a bunch of crap. Brushing with water is just as beneficial. I saw some animals on discovery urinating in each others mouths to keep their teeth clean. I don't think they give a piss what the FDA thinks and neither should we.

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Fatigue swollen glands allergies forex capital market llc