Sunday, August 07, 2005

I have come to the conclusion that I am obsessed with other peoples stuff. I got up at 7 AM to go to yard sales. I never get up before 10 for anything. The only thing I buy is CD's, books, and movies, but I love going to them. I love to see what other people have and I love to see what they think their used treasures are worth. I also can't help but stand and listen when people try to get something for less than the asking price. I mean it is marked .50, somebody says "umm will you take a quarter". Really, what is worth a quarter, but not .50?

I also find myself walking past peoples houses that I know leave their blinds up. I actually stop and stare. If I am driving by somebody moving or unloading their car, I slow down and gawk.

Is this normal behavior? Do other people do this? I am not gawking enviously, I am just nosy.

2 comments:

PresentStorm said...

lol I think there is a little bit of that in all of us ...That is why Houston has so many accidents ..We call them rubber neckers ...lol

Found you on BOTB !!!!

Heidi said...

so, do you find lots of good shtuff at these yard sales? (being nosey. LOL)

yeah, my husband accuses me of having voyeuristic tendencies b/c I enjoy people-watching and reading blogs and such. it seems to me that everyone has a tendency to want to know what's going on in the heads/lives of others. why else would "reality tv" be so freakin' popular, right?