Sunday, September 11, 2005

No Worry day.... New Holiday?

I am feeling old. AGAIN. Perhaps this is a sign that I really am getting old. I went out with Jimmy(Kirk) and Jude tonight. For several years, these two guys were my best friends. We shared our deepest secrets and fears... They kept me sane while Peg was with the psycho murderer (literally, he murdered someone), Mindy was trying to leave asshole #1, and Chris lived a million miles away. We spent 7 nights a week together. I realize, when you get married and stuff, you lose contact with your friends, but I honestly don't know these guys anymore. We went out after a long week of dealing with all of the real issues in the world. When we go out, we talk about fun stuff, movies, music clothes, people, etc. Not tonight though. Instead, we discussed why Bush is or is not the antichrist, why Christians will or will not go to heaven, why the Mayan calendar stops at the year 2012, blah blah blah. I swear, Jimmy has turned into Kirk Cameron. He was seriously preaching to us tonight. We were at Carl's, where there are 40 people and 40 teeth. This is a "good time" bar. We went there to unwind. Hence ,the reason for my post. People can no longer unwind. What is the longest you have gone in the last month without talking or at least hearing about serious scary shit??? People were talking about Bush at the restaurant where I ate today. They were talking about Katrina in American Eagle, Iraq in Gap. It is everywhere. I know it is important, but people are going to die form worrying before they should. I think there should be an anti-serious day at least once a month. If you are caught talking about shit that matters, on that day, you will be fined and locked in a room without the media for a week.

Ahh, OK I am done. This may seem like a pointless dumb post, but I needed to vent. Tomorrow when I am sober, it may seem ridiculous even to me, but for right now, I need my once a month no worry day. If you made it to the end, thanks for listening/reading.

On a side note, the poison ivy is not going away, I am now getting it on my hands. What a lousy week!