Saturday, September 24, 2005

Tone

Yes, that is right, we are on a first name basis now.... OK, not really. Anyhow, it dawned on me after about a half hour of being at the show that I don't really like or know anything by Tone Loc except Funky Col Medina and Wild Thing.... I was not impressed. As odd as it is, I think he should stick to acting. He didn't start playing until after 12:30 which in the great state of PA, only gives him about an hour and a half to play at a bar. Funky Col Medina was the second song he played. I think he just played the Loc'ed after dark album, nothing was new. He is trying to make a comeback, but only playing the old stuff... Overall, I would have to say it sucked, but for $5 it was definitely worth it since of course there is plenty of captain to go around and even after all these years, Col Medina still rocks... He kept asking if we wanted to go "Old School", it probably would have been mean to say yes, but I would prefer going with Will Ferrell....

1 comments:

Unknown said...

My dad is 52 years old and loves Tone. He bumps that shit whenever I come over to visit - thinking maybe it's still the 80's and I might think of him as hip. I guess my dad is hip afterall.