Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Why do they do this?

The idiot CEO of our company sent this out:

To: All Highmark Employees
Date: December 9, 2005
Re: Holiday Wishes

Thank you for reaffirming my faith in the compassion, generosity and caring that the Highmark family has shown during the past year.

We Americans have seen more than our share of natural disasters, military conflicts, wars and terrorism threats during the last 12 months. But we have also seen our capacity for empathy and charity expand to respond to those needs. Thank you for being part of that record-breaking response.

On a more personal level, I want to express my gratitude for your dedication and commitment to our mission and values. Our corporation has grown not only financially but also in its community investments, business scope and its role as a leading edge innovator, thanks to your foresight and focus on our strategic goals.

I appreciate your loyalty and dedication, your comments and suggestions for making Highmark a better place to work. Thank you for entrusting me with your ideas and support.

As you celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah or Kwanzaa, or the warmth of this wonderful holiday season itself, I wish you, your families and loved ones continued health and happiness.

Seriously, what he meant to say was thanks to all of you peons who bust your ass every day dealing with idiots so that I can fly around in my big private come see you once every two years and have a photographer follow me around. On his emails the subject field says "A message from the president" and when you open it, there is a picture of him next to his message. The man video tapes what he calls the "State of the Union" every year and makes us sit through it (luckily he is not there or we would probably have to clap and give standing ovations every few minutes). GAG, I hate my job.

0 comments: