Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Still alive

So many things have happened since my last post. First, I had to quit my job because somehow United Concordia could not find a position for me in their Harrisburg office. Even though 1 person retired the day I asked for the transfer, another person was promoted and another put in their notice the same week. All three of them did the same thing I do. Hmm strange. 7 months pregnant and they could not find me a transfer. Seems funny, perhaps they do not like to pay FMLA?

Chris took a job in Harrisburg at the Vista school. Since we moved here on August 12, I have been pulled over twice. Both times in the same Lower Paxton Township area. The first time I was going 32 in a 25 mile per hour zone. I was having a HORRIBLE day, got lost, some mean man cut me off and I got lost again cause I couldn't get over, etc. When the cop got to my window, I was crying hysterically, he actually apologized and said it was just a warning and not to cry. He was nice.

Then on Labor Day I was driving through the same area at the fast pace of 25 MPH with a huge line of traffic getting angry at me, when I saw the lights again. I thought thank God, at least it is not me this time. I pulled over to let him around and he pulled in and I watched him put his hat on in the rear view mirror. This one pulled me over because the tint that has been on my windows for 3 or 4 years was too dark and he could not see in the vehicle when he drove past me!!! So, after arguing that I had had it for such a long time, it was inspected, I was JUST pulled over and that cop thought it was OK, he told me to sit tight while he got his meter to see if the tint was to dark. Of course, it was and again, I started to cry (hormones suck). He asked me to please not cry, he also was not going to fine me, he was going to give me ten days to get the tint off. So, he went to the car, filled out the slip while I sat there getting more and more angry and crying harder. When he came back he asked again why I was crying I mumbled hating this town and hormones and pregnancy, then the guy tried to befriend me by asking when I was due and telling me his wife was due in a month. Umm yeah, I care. So anyhow, now my car looks stupid and since I can no longer drive through Lower Paxton area, it takes me an extra 20 minutes to go anywhere!!! Harrisburg sucks.

I am now 35 weeks and 2 days pregnant. My stomach is the size of a house. She moves constantly when it is bedtime and keeps me awake. I read it is because for her it is soothing when I am awake and moving and talking. I have a drs appointment tomorrow and will be getting another ultrasound, should be really cool this time cause she should be about 5 lbs and 18 inches long.

0 comments: