Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Interview

So, I had my interview. I was terribly nervous and actually had cotton mouth so bad that I almost left. I have not had an interview for like 7 years!! I got there 15 minutes early and when I walked in they took me to a room with 4 or 5 other people filling out applications. It was a job fair for a few positions. When I filled out the paper work, they came and got me and I interviewed. I rocked!!! It went really well, I was so relieved. When we were finishing and he was telling me it was nice to meet me and etc, he asked me if I had a few more minutes. I said I did and he asked me to wait and then two women came out and took me to a larger room and interrogated me again. It didn't go as well. I was so dry mouthed I could barely speak. When it was over and I was sure I blew my chance, they asked me if I had just a few more minutes. Of course, I said yes. A few minutes later the woman who had first interviewed me on the phone came in and said that I had first interviewed with the supervisor, then the next two women were the manager and director. She informed me that they all loved me and instead of the customer service job would I be interested in a supervisor position!!! I was shocked and also happy and said of course. She said good, you will start the tenth, she said that they usually hire internally, but that everyone I talked to thought I would fit in great and wanted me to start off in the position! Cha Ching!!!! I have to do the customer service training for four weeks so that I know what they do there and then I start the super training. It is a second shift job which sadly means I will not see Chris much, but at least Sophie will only have to be in childcare about 3 to 4 hours per day 4 days a week (workweek is Sun-Thur).

Next, to celebrate, me and Jessie went to the movies to see SuperBad. It was so ridiculous it was hilarious. I laughed so hard I had a belly ache. Loved it. McLovin is the BEST!

0 comments: