Saturday, September 15, 2012

Final Weekend

It is my final weekend before I become a full time working woman again.  AHHHHH!  I am still so nervous and anxious over Jackie in daycare.  I took him over Thursday to check it out and hang out.  He was very nervous at first, but within five minutes, he waved at me and said bye.  Then, when it was actually time to leave he threw himself to the ground and cried because he wanted to stay.  I watched other kids being picked up crying because they didn't want to leave either.  I guess that is a good sign right?  

Chris surprised me, well he tried to surprise me with a night away.  Of course, Chris cannot keep secrets and I cannot stand the suspense, so I figured it out.  We went to the Welmont Theater in Montclair, New Jersey to see the Jayhawks with Hayes Carll opening for them!  It was an incredible show!!  The Jayhawks were the first real concert I ever went to.  They opened for Tom Petty at the Spectrum in Philly in 1995.  That is the last time I saw them live.  They have aged since then...  oh wait, so have I!  Hard to believe it has been 17 years!!  I had never really listened to Hayes Carll, but I feel the need to mention that he blew me away!  I really like him!  We also were able to stop at Holsten's, the famous Soprano ending happened there.   We got to have a nice breakfast with Mike and Cathy and then we rushed home since Jessie was babysitting and had to go to work.

Now I plan to relax and do nothing until my alarm goes off Monday morning at 6AM!  WOW, a real job...

0 comments: