Wednesday, November 02, 2005

I think it is time to move

Last night, right after I shut my computer down and was going to bed, I heard a loud bang. I figured it was kids with fireworks, it is Halloween and we hear them pretty often. Then, my dog started growling and I swear I heard someone knock on our door. We shut the TV off and listened and then heard somebody at the neighbor’s house. We figured it was them and were going to go to sleep. Then, we heard all kinds of noise outside. I looked out the window and there were at least 10 - 12 cops walking up and down our block. They had flashlights, and were searching for something. I went downstairs and opened the front door and the cop just held the flashlight in my face until I closed the door. Today, we read in the paper that someone was shot in front of our house!!! The man was shot in the leg. He was knocking on doors to get help. That is freaking insane. That is the fifth or sixth shooting within a mile of our house in the last six months!!! When Chris left for work at 8AM there were still cops outside. I came home at 1 because I forgot something and the news people were out there!

1 comments:

Glyn (Zaphod) Evans said...

That is very scary. I would move too... If you don't feel safe in your own home, something needs to be done.