Saturday, October 28, 2006

5 years

Wow, I realized today that yesterday was not only Sophie's one week home from the hospital, but it was Chris and I's 5 year "together" anniversary. We were at the Brewery hayride. Had someone told me five years ago that in this short amount of time, I would be married, living in Harrisburg, and have a baby, I would have laughed out loud. It is amazing how fast things change, I feel really happy and lucky.




So in the last week I have learned that I CAN get by on just two hours of sleep a night, I can fall asleep at noon with little effort, I can sleep with a small light on, and I can get used to a horribly high pitched loud constant wail. Last night Sophie cried for 3 hours straight for no apparent reason. I have no clue what was wrong with her, all I could think of was please GOD not colic. She was much better today. Her swing is a miracle worker! She likes it on the highest speed and loves the annoying classical music it plays. Being a mom is great, a million different people told me the corny line about how I would just fall in love with her when I saw her, and I knew I would, but people are right, it is just an amazing feeling, you cannot believe how much you will love them.
OK, I am done, she is sleeping, and I have to get my two hours in.

0 comments: