Friday, October 20, 2006

Baby


Having a baby, not an easy task. We got to the hospital on October 17 at 6:30 AM. They induced me at around 7:30. For the next 9 hours, I had contractions every 4-8 minutes. Lasting about a minute to 2 minutes each. When they first started the induction and broke my water, it caused me to start having contractions with no pause in between. Very not pleasant, so then they had to slow down the contractions and basically start over. Then, at 4:30ish, they did an exam and said I was only 3 CM dilated and that birth would be at least another 10 - 12 hours away. The baby was under stress and her heart rate kept decreasing, so they did a C section. They talked to me about it at 4:45 and she was born at 5:25 and by 6 I was back in my room holding her. Next baby, C section at 6:30 AM and NO inducing,

However, it was all worth it. Baby Sophia is perfect. She had Jaundice and spent hours a day for two days in a tanning bed naked with little UVA sun glasses on. It is very hard to be in a hospital because you just had a baby and only get to see your baby for about 30 minutes every 4-5 hours. We are all home and doing well. I am, so thankful for my wonderful husband who has been taking care of diapers and getting just about everything we need because I cannot stand more than a few moments. Anyhow, more to come.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so awesome! You are so awesome! Congratulations again!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations again. I am happy everyone is together and doing well.