Friday, November 03, 2006

Ahhh, week two

OK, this week was much harder than last week. This week, except for a day, every one has gone home, Chris is back at work, and Sophie and I are on our own. I have learned this week that the sleeping two hours a night thing gets old fast, a babies cord looks and smells gross as it prepares to fall off, babies really do just eat, sleep, and poop, babies burp like champions (and make parents proud), my dog can get used to not being on the furniture, and that I am completely obsessed with Sophie. I barely ever put her down, and seriously take 20-30 pictures a day! This would not be bad if she moved around or something, but she just sits there all the time. All of the pictures look pretty much exactly the same. This picture is very much her, she always has her arms out to the side or over her head. We try to "Swaddle" her when she sleeps, but she wriggles free and gets her arms over her head. For being so small, she is unusually strong. Last night, we went to bed at 7PM... Yes, that is right 7PM. Sophie and I were then up at 9, 11:30, 1 - 2:30, 4:45, 6:15, and then last 9AM. Each time I get up it takes about a half hour to change and feed, and no matter how tired I am, I cannot just roll over and go back to bed, so each time I am up for about an hour. So now it is 6PM and I am off to bed.

Oh, one last thing. I made Chris stop and buy me a bottle of Sangria so tomorrow, he can stay up with her and I can have a GIANT glass or three and fall asleep. Yee Haw!!!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Holy Jesus - you had a baby!