Thursday, August 02, 2012

Chick-fil-A and why I say eat beef!

I have been holding my comments in on this.  At least trying to anyhow.  I feel like I need to say that obviously, I am not eating at Chick-fil-A, not that I ate there before this, but now I will definitely not.  I also feel like I need to point out that no mayor actually said that Chick-fil-A could not be built in their town.  What they said was:

The Boston mayor said he would do anything he could to stop them. He also specifically said that he would not refuse them permits etc.

Chicago governor said "Chick-fil-A values are not Chicago values." They disrespect our fellow neighbors and residents. This would be a bad investment, since it would be empty." There was a councilman in Chicago who said he would not let them build in a specific area, but not the mayor.

The San Francisco mayor Tweeted: Closest #ChickFilA to San Francisco is 40 miles away & I strongly recommend that they not try to come any closer. Very disappointed #ChickFilA doesn't share San Francisco's values & strong commitment to equality for everyone.
DC mayor tweeted "Given my longstanding strong support for LGBT rights & marriage equality, I would not support #hatechicken," and another tweet "You think Chick-fil-A's support for bigotry is an embarrassment? I agree!”
This article says pretty much everything I am thinking so I am just going to direct you there.  Read me, I am all over it!

Finally, I will leave you with this, since there seems to be some confusion on what freedom of speech means:

0 comments: