Sunday, November 18, 2012

Time to be Thankful

4 days until my second favorite holiday!  Of course Halloween is first, but Thanksgiving is a close second.  I have been watching everybody on Facebook do there daily thankful posts and I have to say, I am glad I skipped that.  It is pretty annoying.  However, I think putting out there what you are thankful for is a good idea.  So often through the year while we are working and stressing about everything from money, to the kids, to the broken car, we forget to take a minute to be thankful for all the awesomeness that we have every day.  So I am going to do it on here in one fell swoop instead of daily.

I have a lot to be thankful for again this year.  I will start with my husband as I do every year, because he keeps getting better.  The last 11 years with him have been absolutely amazing.  He is the most patient man I have ever met.  He is kind and considerate and by far the most amazing father I could have ever dreamed of.   Next, my Sophia.  She is growing so fast.  I can't believe she was ever that tiny little 6lb baby I brought into the world.  She is beautiful and smart and like her daddy, she is considerate to others.  She worries as much about everyone around her as she does about her own happiness.  Then of course is my Jackie.  He has brought so much happiness to our family.  He too is growing so quickly, like his daddy at the age of 20 months he is about 5lbs smaller than his 6 year old sister.  He keeps us smiling with all of his silly faces and dancing moves.  Then there is my parents.  We could truly not make it without their love and support.  My mother and father in law as well.  We are lucky to have parents who have showed us how to endure tough times and enjoy the good times.  Between our parents, there are over 85 years of marriage expertise!  My brother and his family.  My beautiful nieces.  The serious one and the goofy one.  Uncle Jim who has been a huge part of my life for as long as I can remember.  My circle of 6 (Mindy, Jude, Shanon, Jimmy, Kenny, and Peg) who have been friends to me through the good times and the hard times.  I am a lucky person to have people I can count on without fail for anything I need.  The rest of my extended family, aunts, uncles, cousins, friends, the list is very long, but I am thankful for each and everyone of them.   I am thankful that we are all healthy and happy.

I started with what really matters, but I am also thankful for so much more, like our warm home.  I am thankful for all of the incredible shows on HBO and Showtime!  (Dexter, Boardwalk, The Newsroom, Californication, True Blood, Honmeland, etc) They allow Chris and I to have date night in the comfort of our own home a few nights a week. I am thankful for the addition of the band Middle Brother into my life and would be more thankful if they would put out another album, I have listened to their only one to death over the last 3 months!  I am thankful for SongPop which I am completely addicted to.  I am thankful that Obama was re-elected and that I knew the night of the election and didn't have to wait weeks to know for sure. I am thankful for Chicken Corn Chowder and Panera Bread.  I am thankful I was able to go on a fabulous vacation in June and finally visit the city of my dreams, New Orleans, LA.  I am also thankful that it exceeded my expectations by a mile.  I am thankful 80's fashions are coming back, not that I will be wearing most of them, but I love seeing people wearing hyper colored shirts and tight straight legged jeans with zippers, boots over jeans (ok I do this one), leggings, etc.  I am thankful for thrift stores, and judge me all you want, but I am so thankful to be able to go Black Friday shopping again this year. Last, but most certainly not least, Lambrusco wine... 

I am done, though I know I will think of things later and be disappointed for not including them.  I hope that you have a happy Thanksgiving and appreciate what you have and are able to not sweat the small stuff...  At least for a few days. 

0 comments: