Sunday, January 06, 2013

1/2 of 70

Today I turn 35.  I am not handling this as badly as I did 30.  I am in a good place.  I have the man of my dreams and two amazing and wonderful kids.  I had a great time celebrating last night with my circle of 5 plus a few extras.  I have also gotten wiser since 30 (and 25 and 21), because there was no throwing up and I feel just fine today.  I am a little tired though.  I guess that's part of getting old.  Partying all night and then getting up bright and early doesn't work as well.  We are going to my parents for a few hours, then vegging on the couch.  I have decided this is the year to quit smoking.  I need to lose the 15 lbs I have gained and quit smoking.  I have also decided to not judge people so quickly.  I am going to give people at least ten minutes instead of making up my mind in the first 30 seconds.  I am also going to try being "nice",  It is a big change and I fear it will be harder than quitting smoking.  

Chris's parents left today.  They have been up since Christmas.  Seeing the kids and husband so miserable when they leave sucks.  South Carolina is just a little too far from Central PA.   We had a great Christmas.  Except for some nasty colds.  We spent time at Ricks, Uncle Jim's, and of course my parents on Christmas day.  I think next year we will have Christmas day here.  It makes more sense, there is a lot more room for everyone here. 

I am completely addicted to Mumford and Sons.  I have been hearing about them for such a long time and didn't pay attention.  Now, I get it.  They are incredible.  Not much more to report.  It has been awhile since I have posted, but at least it was a year.  Wishing you all a bright and happy New Year.

0 comments: